nametag

nametag

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

WEEK 9 I love P Days :)

Elder Phnom Penny and his best buddy Elder Gardiner
This week has been great! My ankle has finally gotten better and I'm playing ball again (: I'm so happy it's good to go and I'm so ready to bike my way around Cambodia! I have about 13 days left here in the MTC and I'm going to make them count. My language skills and testimony are my greatest tools and I'm preparing them for the work. But the most important weapon in my arsenal is the Spirit. It can pierce the hearts of those I teach and help them change and come unto Christ. This week I learned a lot about humility. I learned I can't do this on my own. There is no possible way. Only through the Lord can I do all things. So this week I've been working on just that. Trusting the Lord and leaning on His strength. Turning to Him for guidance and revelation, seeking for answers through the Spirit, using the Lord's help in lessons and relying on the gift of tongues and the gift of the Holy Ghost to help me. I've noticed a huge difference. Lessons are better. Study and preparation for them are more inspired. I'm learning to listen to the Spirit and as I do so I feel closer to my Heavenly Father than I ever have before. Last night we got to have the privilege to hear from Elder Bednar again. It is amazing when an apostle of God is in your presence. The Spirit is so strong and the reality of his calling is so powerful. He came on Christmas as well and we got to text him a bunch of questions on cell phones he handed out but he didn't get to answer very many on Christmas. So when I saw him I prayed he would speak to me and lo and behold he chose to answer my question. (: My question was "why do bad things happen to good people" He told a couple stories to answer and then a scripture in Doctrine and Covenants 122. It was awesome! But afterwords I felt even more humbled, he said we all have struggles and problems. And some have huge obstacles thrown their way. But they are to help us grow. The pain and affliction we went through is nothing, literally nowhere near comparison to our Savior's pain when he performed the Atonement for us. So from now on I'm going to try really hard to not complain but bear my trials with patience and faith in my Lord, Jesus Christ. Because through Him I can and will do all things that are expedient unto Him. I'm so excited to get over to Cambodia and start serving the children of God. They deserve it and I'll give them as much love as I possibly can when I get there and serve them with all my heart. I love this work and I love my Savior and pray everyday that He will help me fulfill my purposes. I hope this email makes sense, it's early and I'm tired (: I love you all back home and hope all is well. I love my family and Myk for all the love and support they give me. I also love the ward and all the Christmas cards I received, it's nice to see some familiar faces (: I love this church and this work sooo much. Have a great week.

Elder Spencer Nhem


P.S. He lives.

Hey dad, in like 13 days I get to bear my testimony to you in Khmer. I'm really excited. We've been learning a lot about Cambodian culture and the language and I feel so ready because all my life I haven't even realized it but you've been preparing me for this mission. The way you've raised me and what you've taught me is exactly what I need to do. Thank you so much. I love you dad. Or should I say khnom srolan phah (:

No comments:

Post a Comment