nametag

nametag

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

WEEK 10 PROVO MTC.....

 (Spencer wanted this picture posted with this weeks message)



Today at 7:34 AM

Well, I have 6 days left in the United States... Wow... It's crazy that my dream since being a little kid is finally coming true. I remember people always asking where I want to go on my mission and I always would say Cambodia. Well here we go. I'm so excited! I have a layover in California and another in Hong Kong. I love how the airline in Hong Kong is Dragonair.. yes like the Pokemon (: We leave on the 28th and arrive on the 30th.. Man will I be sleeping (: I just want to reflect on my stay here at the MTC. I've grown more here in the 10 weeks then I have in my whole life. Since you can eat as much as you want I have grown a lot in that aspect. I have been working out too so lets just say I came in weighing 180ish and now I'm over 190 hahaha :D But it's all my teachers, they lost over 20 pounds and one of them lost 60 pounds in Cambodia... and he's skinny! So this really will be quite the adventure. I feel ready though, in all my days I probably have eaten a fair number of bugs and squatted in the dirt many summer days when I was a kid. It'll be awesome I'll get to go back to my childhood and for the first time in my life I will get to be surrounded by people who actually look like me! (: Well, I may be a little taller but hey, they still look like me. But what I'm most ready for is the spiritual aspect. The MTC truly has prepared me. 10 weeks is a long time but I'm no where near where I know I can be and hope to be by the end of all this. I know who I am now. I came in here thinking I was prepared. I thought I was a good speaker and I still think that but it does me no good because I'm not speaking in English anymore. I thought I knew all I needed about the gospel, well let me tell y'all. I have only seen and experienced the very, slightest tip of the iceberg. I have learned more in these 10 weeks then I have in my whole life. I have been humbled. I've had many hurdles and hills and even some mountains thrown my way in physical, emotion, and spiritual aspects. And to be honest it's been very hard. It's very taxing and alone I couldn't do it. But with the Lord I know I can and will do all things. I seen some profound miracles since being here, but I think what has had the biggest impact on me is the little things. How I can speak and teach a lesson in the craziest language ever. I remember my dad saying it's easy.. That was a lie. It has been hard. It's taken so much focus but the result is that I can share the gospel now with the people of Cambodia. Very simply, but that is better because it's the simple things about the gospel that people are looking for in life. I've learned so much about myself too. I know I am a child of God. I know God is our loving Heavenly Father. I know that the people of Cambodia are too. And they deserve the same joy and peace the Gospel of Jesus Christ has brought into my life. All I want to do is serve the people and serve my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I know it won't be easy over there. I know there will be days where no one will want to talk to me. Where I'll get turned down again and again and again. There will be days where I'm really sick. All of my teachers have parasites. They all went to hospitals. I know it will be hot and sticky and sweaty. I know it will seem like the heavens open up and the sky will seem like one giant waterfall and I'll just be completely soaked out of nowhere. I know it will be hard. I miss my family. I miss Mykhala. I miss my house and my bed and even my dog. I miss home cooked meals. I miss everything. But you know what, it's all worth it. I've seen the Gospel changed the lives of many people, some who are really close to me. I've seen the Gospel in my family's lives. I've seen the blessings and the happiness in my home. I've seen what it's done for Mykhala and what is does for her on a daily basis. I know what it has done in my life. I've found a happiness I know I can't find anywhere else. That's my motive. I want to share that with the people of Cambodia. I want to share that with God's children. I do this out of love. It's my main motivation. I love my Savior. I know this is the Lord's work and He will help me accomplish it. I know my Redeemer lives. I know He loves me and will help me every step of the way. I know that I am nothing. As to my strength, I am weak. Therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God. For in His strength I can do all things. I know this. I testify this with all my soul. Nothing can ever take this knowledge away from me. I hold it most dear to my heart. It's my greatest treasure. If you get one thing from what I have to say, it's this. He lives. Jesus Christ, the Savior and Redeemer of the world lives. I love you all. I'm proud to be a representative of my Savior. I'm so grateful for this opportunity to serve. This is a divine work, a work that is changing the lives and ultimately the world.

Elder Spencer Paul Nhem

Do you think CAMBODIA is ready for these three?


No comments:

Post a Comment